Pay-as-you-throw plan to cut Laconia budget gets cool reception
Although a "Pay-As-You-Throw" (PAYT) program offered the most significant savings by far, Councilors Brenda Baer (Ward 4) and Armand Bolduc (Ward 5) appeared to favor a species of "mandatory recycling." Only Councilor Matt Lahey (Ward 2) preferred PAYT, remarking that his daughter lives in Concord where it was introduced several years ago and appears to be working well. "We're not Concord," Councilor Brenda Baer sniffed at that observation.
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 0
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 0
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid