Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Atkinson man arrested after police standoff
Michael McBride kept police at bay for about 3½ hours before surrendering without incident at 11:10 p.m. in the driveway of his 7 Crystal Hill Road home.
The standoff began about 7:45 p.m. when a relative called police after McBride allegedly fired his gun two separate times inside his home. Police said three rounds were fired, with one of the shots coming close to a family member.
The relative fled the home and called police. At 7:45 p.m., after police repeatedly tried to get McBride to come out, the New Hampshire State Police SWAT and crisis negotiation team was called in.
Police continued to talk to McBride who, holding his firearm, finally emerged at 11:10 p.m. SWAT members ordered him to drop the gun, which he did.
He was arrested and charged with two counts of felony reckless conduct.
What's next: McBride is being held on $25,000 cash bail pending arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court, Plaistow District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief