Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Atkinson man arrested after police standoff
Michael McBride kept police at bay for about 3½ hours before surrendering without incident at 11:10 p.m. in the driveway of his 7 Crystal Hill Road home.
The standoff began about 7:45 p.m. when a relative called police after McBride allegedly fired his gun two separate times inside his home. Police said three rounds were fired, with one of the shots coming close to a family member.
The relative fled the home and called police. At 7:45 p.m., after police repeatedly tried to get McBride to come out, the New Hampshire State Police SWAT and crisis negotiation team was called in.
Police continued to talk to McBride who, holding his firearm, finally emerged at 11:10 p.m. SWAT members ordered him to drop the gun, which he did.
He was arrested and charged with two counts of felony reckless conduct.
What's next: McBride is being held on $25,000 cash bail pending arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court, Plaistow District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 2
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424