Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Shotgun robberies under investigation in Manchester
Manchester police released this surveillance footage of the gunman inside Shawn's Corner Market on Somerville Street.
The first robbery happened about 9:45 p.m. at Shawn's Corner Market, 912 Somerville St. The 23-year-old clerk told police an unknown man entered the store, pointed a long-barreled shotgun at him and demanded cash from the register and a carton of Newport cigarettes.
The clerk gave him what he wanted and the robber fled the store. A police dog tracked him east on Somerville Street and then north onto Cypress Street where the trail ended mid-block. Police believe at that point the robber got into a waiting car.
About three hours later, at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Super 8 Motel, 2301 Brown Ave., was robbed by two men. According to the 34-year-old clerk, two men, one armed with a long-barreled weapon believed to be a shotgun, entered the motel and demanded cash from the register as well as all the clerk's money.
The clerk handed over what was in the cash drawer and the money he had in his pocket, and the men fled.
The gunman in the market robbery is described as is described as being in his 30s, about 5-foot-9 with a medium build. He wore a blue "polo" hooded sweatshirt with thick white draw strings on the hood, dark pants and dark shoes. He also wore a black ski mask and black gloves with a snowflake pattern on them.
The man with the shotgun in the motel robbery is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 with a medium build. He was wearing a dark blue or black hooded sweatshirt, a black mask and black gloves.
Investigators are trying to determine if any or all of the robberies are connected. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483