Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Shotgun robberies under investigation in Manchester
Manchester police released this surveillance footage of the gunman inside Shawn's Corner Market on Somerville Street.
The first robbery happened about 9:45 p.m. at Shawn's Corner Market, 912 Somerville St. The 23-year-old clerk told police an unknown man entered the store, pointed a long-barreled shotgun at him and demanded cash from the register and a carton of Newport cigarettes.
The clerk gave him what he wanted and the robber fled the store. A police dog tracked him east on Somerville Street and then north onto Cypress Street where the trail ended mid-block. Police believe at that point the robber got into a waiting car.
About three hours later, at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Super 8 Motel, 2301 Brown Ave., was robbed by two men. According to the 34-year-old clerk, two men, one armed with a long-barreled weapon believed to be a shotgun, entered the motel and demanded cash from the register as well as all the clerk's money.
The clerk handed over what was in the cash drawer and the money he had in his pocket, and the men fled.
The gunman in the market robbery is described as is described as being in his 30s, about 5-foot-9 with a medium build. He wore a blue "polo" hooded sweatshirt with thick white draw strings on the hood, dark pants and dark shoes. He also wore a black ski mask and black gloves with a snowflake pattern on them.
The man with the shotgun in the motel robbery is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 with a medium build. He was wearing a dark blue or black hooded sweatshirt, a black mask and black gloves.
Investigators are trying to determine if any or all of the robberies are connected. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 11
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 1
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 1
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
- Claremont police investigate false report that locked down school - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483