Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Shotgun robberies under investigation in Manchester
Manchester police released this surveillance footage of the gunman inside Shawn's Corner Market on Somerville Street.
The first robbery happened about 9:45 p.m. at Shawn's Corner Market, 912 Somerville St. The 23-year-old clerk told police an unknown man entered the store, pointed a long-barreled shotgun at him and demanded cash from the register and a carton of Newport cigarettes.
The clerk gave him what he wanted and the robber fled the store. A police dog tracked him east on Somerville Street and then north onto Cypress Street where the trail ended mid-block. Police believe at that point the robber got into a waiting car.
About three hours later, at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Super 8 Motel, 2301 Brown Ave., was robbed by two men. According to the 34-year-old clerk, two men, one armed with a long-barreled weapon believed to be a shotgun, entered the motel and demanded cash from the register as well as all the clerk's money.
The clerk handed over what was in the cash drawer and the money he had in his pocket, and the men fled.
The gunman in the market robbery is described as is described as being in his 30s, about 5-foot-9 with a medium build. He wore a blue "polo" hooded sweatshirt with thick white draw strings on the hood, dark pants and dark shoes. He also wore a black ski mask and black gloves with a snowflake pattern on them.
The man with the shotgun in the motel robbery is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 with a medium build. He was wearing a dark blue or black hooded sweatshirt, a black mask and black gloves.
Investigators are trying to determine if any or all of the robberies are connected. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Former Manchester teacher jailed for assaulting student, 6, with soap, pepper - 2
- Derry woman faces charges after nearly hitting Salem police officers - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 2
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth Herald sports editor accused of possessing child porn - 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 1
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 6
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 3
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 2
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 1
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917