Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Shotgun robberies under investigation in Manchester
Manchester police released this surveillance footage of the gunman inside Shawn's Corner Market on Somerville Street.
The first robbery happened about 9:45 p.m. at Shawn's Corner Market, 912 Somerville St. The 23-year-old clerk told police an unknown man entered the store, pointed a long-barreled shotgun at him and demanded cash from the register and a carton of Newport cigarettes.
The clerk gave him what he wanted and the robber fled the store. A police dog tracked him east on Somerville Street and then north onto Cypress Street where the trail ended mid-block. Police believe at that point the robber got into a waiting car.
About three hours later, at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Super 8 Motel, 2301 Brown Ave., was robbed by two men. According to the 34-year-old clerk, two men, one armed with a long-barreled weapon believed to be a shotgun, entered the motel and demanded cash from the register as well as all the clerk's money.
The clerk handed over what was in the cash drawer and the money he had in his pocket, and the men fled.
The gunman in the market robbery is described as is described as being in his 30s, about 5-foot-9 with a medium build. He wore a blue "polo" hooded sweatshirt with thick white draw strings on the hood, dark pants and dark shoes. He also wore a black ski mask and black gloves with a snowflake pattern on them.
The man with the shotgun in the motel robbery is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 with a medium build. He was wearing a dark blue or black hooded sweatshirt, a black mask and black gloves.
Investigators are trying to determine if any or all of the robberies are connected. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917