Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Shotgun robberies under investigation in Manchester
Manchester police released this surveillance footage of the gunman inside Shawn's Corner Market on Somerville Street.
The first robbery happened about 9:45 p.m. at Shawn's Corner Market, 912 Somerville St. The 23-year-old clerk told police an unknown man entered the store, pointed a long-barreled shotgun at him and demanded cash from the register and a carton of Newport cigarettes.
The clerk gave him what he wanted and the robber fled the store. A police dog tracked him east on Somerville Street and then north onto Cypress Street where the trail ended mid-block. Police believe at that point the robber got into a waiting car.
About three hours later, at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Super 8 Motel, 2301 Brown Ave., was robbed by two men. According to the 34-year-old clerk, two men, one armed with a long-barreled weapon believed to be a shotgun, entered the motel and demanded cash from the register as well as all the clerk's money.
The clerk handed over what was in the cash drawer and the money he had in his pocket, and the men fled.
The gunman in the market robbery is described as is described as being in his 30s, about 5-foot-9 with a medium build. He wore a blue "polo" hooded sweatshirt with thick white draw strings on the hood, dark pants and dark shoes. He also wore a black ski mask and black gloves with a snowflake pattern on them.
The man with the shotgun in the motel robbery is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 with a medium build. He was wearing a dark blue or black hooded sweatshirt, a black mask and black gloves.
Investigators are trying to determine if any or all of the robberies are connected. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 8
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917