Home » News » Public Safety
Three hospitalized after Route 101 crash in Amherst
Police said the collision happened about 12:20 a.m. when a full-size pickup truck heading east crossed over a solid yellow line and into the westbound travel lane, crashing head-on into a sport-utility vehicle. Both occupants of the pickup truck, and the driver and sole occupant of the SUV were transported to area hospitals for treatment of serious injuries.
Police have yet to release the names of those injured.
Route 101 was shut down for about four hours while police investigated. Weather conditions and speed contributed to the crash, police said, while alcohol is not believed to have been involved.
The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start