Home » News » Public Safety
Three hospitalized after Route 101 crash in Amherst
Police said the collision happened about 12:20 a.m. when a full-size pickup truck heading east crossed over a solid yellow line and into the westbound travel lane, crashing head-on into a sport-utility vehicle. Both occupants of the pickup truck, and the driver and sole occupant of the SUV were transported to area hospitals for treatment of serious injuries.
Police have yet to release the names of those injured.
Route 101 was shut down for about four hours while police investigated. Weather conditions and speed contributed to the crash, police said, while alcohol is not believed to have been involved.
The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 4
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too