Home » News » Public Safety
Three hospitalized after Route 101 crash in Amherst
Police said the collision happened about 12:20 a.m. when a full-size pickup truck heading east crossed over a solid yellow line and into the westbound travel lane, crashing head-on into a sport-utility vehicle. Both occupants of the pickup truck, and the driver and sole occupant of the SUV were transported to area hospitals for treatment of serious injuries.
Police have yet to release the names of those injured.
Route 101 was shut down for about four hours while police investigated. Weather conditions and speed contributed to the crash, police said, while alcohol is not believed to have been involved.
The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 7
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire