Home » News » Public Safety
Three hospitalized after Route 101 crash in Amherst
Police said the collision happened about 12:20 a.m. when a full-size pickup truck heading east crossed over a solid yellow line and into the westbound travel lane, crashing head-on into a sport-utility vehicle. Both occupants of the pickup truck, and the driver and sole occupant of the SUV were transported to area hospitals for treatment of serious injuries.
Police have yet to release the names of those injured.
Route 101 was shut down for about four hours while police investigated. Weather conditions and speed contributed to the crash, police said, while alcohol is not believed to have been involved.
The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 0
- More violence at Keene - 2
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
- Fire at Swanzey dog kennels destroys barn - 0
- No arrests in incident that brought out Manchester SWAT, locked down Central High School - 0
- Weare chief resigns following AG's report that recommends putting him on list of ethically compromised officers - 6
- Young girl whose quick action saved grandfather's life to be honored next Friday - 0
- Londonderry firefighters to hold open house Saturday - 0
- Francestown's Scoby Bridge closed, will be replaced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 18
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 2
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy