Home » News » Public Safety
Highway garage fire destroys Wolfeboro plow truck
Fire Chief Butch Morrill said the damaged plow truck had been out plowing from 3:30 a.m. until noon Tuesday. He said investigators would look at the electrical system in determining a cause. The plow truck, which cost $100,000, was destroyed, but other equipment stored in the garage may be salvageable, he said.
According to Morrill, Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue was alerted to the call at 1:08 p.m. First-arriving companies found heavy smoke and fire from the highway garage, which is used to store vehicles and equipment.
The plow truck and a sidewalk plow were inside the building. The fire was declared under control at 2:06 p.m. and the final crews cleared the scene at 5:40 p.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue Department and the state Fire Marshal's office, but is believed to be accidental.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
- Judge rejects bid for new trial by ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- NH Senate Roundup: Marijuana penalties to remain the same in Granite State - 0
- Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck - 0
- Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone - 0
- Ceremony honors Manchester's past - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start