Home » News » Public Safety
Highway garage fire destroys Wolfeboro plow truck
Fire Chief Butch Morrill said the damaged plow truck had been out plowing from 3:30 a.m. until noon Tuesday. He said investigators would look at the electrical system in determining a cause. The plow truck, which cost $100,000, was destroyed, but other equipment stored in the garage may be salvageable, he said.
According to Morrill, Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue was alerted to the call at 1:08 p.m. First-arriving companies found heavy smoke and fire from the highway garage, which is used to store vehicles and equipment.
The plow truck and a sidewalk plow were inside the building. The fire was declared under control at 2:06 p.m. and the final crews cleared the scene at 5:40 p.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue Department and the state Fire Marshal's office, but is believed to be accidental.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Hot deals, warm shoppers