Home » News » Public Safety
Highway garage fire destroys Wolfeboro plow truck
Fire Chief Butch Morrill said the damaged plow truck had been out plowing from 3:30 a.m. until noon Tuesday. He said investigators would look at the electrical system in determining a cause. The plow truck, which cost $100,000, was destroyed, but other equipment stored in the garage may be salvageable, he said.
According to Morrill, Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue was alerted to the call at 1:08 p.m. First-arriving companies found heavy smoke and fire from the highway garage, which is used to store vehicles and equipment.
The plow truck and a sidewalk plow were inside the building. The fire was declared under control at 2:06 p.m. and the final crews cleared the scene at 5:40 p.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue Department and the state Fire Marshal's office, but is believed to be accidental.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072