Home » News » Public Safety
Highway garage fire destroys Wolfeboro plow truck
Fire Chief Butch Morrill said the damaged plow truck had been out plowing from 3:30 a.m. until noon Tuesday. He said investigators would look at the electrical system in determining a cause. The plow truck, which cost $100,000, was destroyed, but other equipment stored in the garage may be salvageable, he said.
According to Morrill, Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue was alerted to the call at 1:08 p.m. First-arriving companies found heavy smoke and fire from the highway garage, which is used to store vehicles and equipment.
The plow truck and a sidewalk plow were inside the building. The fire was declared under control at 2:06 p.m. and the final crews cleared the scene at 5:40 p.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue Department and the state Fire Marshal's office, but is believed to be accidental.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Manchester police investigate pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 5
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 2
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal