Home » News » Public Safety
Highway garage fire destroys Wolfeboro plow truck
Fire Chief Butch Morrill said the damaged plow truck had been out plowing from 3:30 a.m. until noon Tuesday. He said investigators would look at the electrical system in determining a cause. The plow truck, which cost $100,000, was destroyed, but other equipment stored in the garage may be salvageable, he said.
According to Morrill, Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue was alerted to the call at 1:08 p.m. First-arriving companies found heavy smoke and fire from the highway garage, which is used to store vehicles and equipment.
The plow truck and a sidewalk plow were inside the building. The fire was declared under control at 2:06 p.m. and the final crews cleared the scene at 5:40 p.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue Department and the state Fire Marshal's office, but is believed to be accidental.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072