Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters save half of Bedford office building
A fire at 288 South River Road in Bedford on Tuesday. (THOMAS ROY/UNION LEADER)
Klose said the fire, which was reported about 5 p.m. Tuesday, started in an office at the southeast corner of Building A at the Cedar Point Office Park.
He said it reached the roof and quickly spread to the rest of the building, which he said is "a total loss."
The other half of the complex, though, suffered only minor water damage. Electricity and heat were restored to Building B Tuesday night and office workers were able to inhabit that half of the building, he said.
"A firewall and the firefighters' efforts saved Building B," Klose said.
Klose said the fire is not considered suspicious, though no cause is known. Nobody was injured, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name