Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters save half of Bedford office building
A fire at 288 South River Road in Bedford on Tuesday. (THOMAS ROY/UNION LEADER)
Klose said the fire, which was reported about 5 p.m. Tuesday, started in an office at the southeast corner of Building A at the Cedar Point Office Park.
He said it reached the roof and quickly spread to the rest of the building, which he said is "a total loss."
The other half of the complex, though, suffered only minor water damage. Electricity and heat were restored to Building B Tuesday night and office workers were able to inhabit that half of the building, he said.
"A firewall and the firefighters' efforts saved Building B," Klose said.
Klose said the fire is not considered suspicious, though no cause is known. Nobody was injured, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof