A night for all of Londonderry's pirates and princesses
LONDONDERRY - Sporting their prettiest princess frocks and swashbuckling pirate gear, area children gathered at Londonderry High School on Tuesday night for an evening of costumes, food, games and fun - all for a good cause.
Proceeds from this week's Pirate and Princess Party will help send the staff of the school's Lancer Spirit newspaper to the Scholastic Press Association's annual conference at Columbia University in New York City this spring, staff adviser Mary DeWinkeleer said.
Around 13 of the paper's editors hope to make the trip in late March, DeWinkeleer said, though donations will be needed to assist with the group's travel expenses. Those wishing to help out the school's editorial team may contact DeWinkeleer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.