Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Middleton woman pepper-sprayed, Tasered after run-in with officer
Police responded to 92 Deer Run Road after receiving a report of a domestic disturbance around 7:20 p.m. After an investigation, Officer Jason Durrance attempted to arrest Shawna A. Brown, 41, who allegedly resisted and began wrestling with him, according to police.
After Durrance said he was kicked twice, he used Oleoresin Capsicum "OC" spray on Brown, who continued to resist. As a result, Durrance used his Taser to subdue Brown, who was taken into custody, according to police.
As part of the procedure after "a use of force incident," Brown was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester. She was then moved to the Rochester Police Department, where bail was set at $5,000 cash, according to police.
Brown, of 92 Deer Run Road, was charged with resisting arrest and two counts of simple assault on an officer.
Resisting arrest and simple assault are both class A misdemeanors, which are punishable by up to one year in jail for each charge, but assaulting an officer may result in an additional year in jail for each offense.
Durrance sustained minor injuries but returned to full duty, according to police.
The N.H. Probation and Parole Department placed a detention order on Brown. As a result, she will be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover for a 72-hour-period. She was scheduled to be arraigned in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District Division, this morning, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council