May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Middleton woman pepper-sprayed, Tasered after run-in with officer
Police responded to 92 Deer Run Road after receiving a report of a domestic disturbance around 7:20 p.m. After an investigation, Officer Jason Durrance attempted to arrest Shawna A. Brown, 41, who allegedly resisted and began wrestling with him, according to police.
After Durrance said he was kicked twice, he used Oleoresin Capsicum "OC" spray on Brown, who continued to resist. As a result, Durrance used his Taser to subdue Brown, who was taken into custody, according to police.
As part of the procedure after "a use of force incident," Brown was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester. She was then moved to the Rochester Police Department, where bail was set at $5,000 cash, according to police.
Brown, of 92 Deer Run Road, was charged with resisting arrest and two counts of simple assault on an officer.
Resisting arrest and simple assault are both class A misdemeanors, which are punishable by up to one year in jail for each charge, but assaulting an officer may result in an additional year in jail for each offense.
Durrance sustained minor injuries but returned to full duty, according to police.
The N.H. Probation and Parole Department placed a detention order on Brown. As a result, she will be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover for a 72-hour-period. She was scheduled to be arraigned in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District Division, this morning, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424