June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Middleton woman pepper-sprayed, Tasered after run-in with officer
Police responded to 92 Deer Run Road after receiving a report of a domestic disturbance around 7:20 p.m. After an investigation, Officer Jason Durrance attempted to arrest Shawna A. Brown, 41, who allegedly resisted and began wrestling with him, according to police.
After Durrance said he was kicked twice, he used Oleoresin Capsicum "OC" spray on Brown, who continued to resist. As a result, Durrance used his Taser to subdue Brown, who was taken into custody, according to police.
As part of the procedure after "a use of force incident," Brown was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester. She was then moved to the Rochester Police Department, where bail was set at $5,000 cash, according to police.
Brown, of 92 Deer Run Road, was charged with resisting arrest and two counts of simple assault on an officer.
Resisting arrest and simple assault are both class A misdemeanors, which are punishable by up to one year in jail for each charge, but assaulting an officer may result in an additional year in jail for each offense.
Durrance sustained minor injuries but returned to full duty, according to police.
The N.H. Probation and Parole Department placed a detention order on Brown. As a result, she will be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover for a 72-hour-period. She was scheduled to be arraigned in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District Division, this morning, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 1
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 29
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
House and Senate reach budget accord
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424