May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Middleton woman pepper-sprayed, Tasered after run-in with officer
Police responded to 92 Deer Run Road after receiving a report of a domestic disturbance around 7:20 p.m. After an investigation, Officer Jason Durrance attempted to arrest Shawna A. Brown, 41, who allegedly resisted and began wrestling with him, according to police.
After Durrance said he was kicked twice, he used Oleoresin Capsicum "OC" spray on Brown, who continued to resist. As a result, Durrance used his Taser to subdue Brown, who was taken into custody, according to police.
As part of the procedure after "a use of force incident," Brown was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester. She was then moved to the Rochester Police Department, where bail was set at $5,000 cash, according to police.
Brown, of 92 Deer Run Road, was charged with resisting arrest and two counts of simple assault on an officer.
Resisting arrest and simple assault are both class A misdemeanors, which are punishable by up to one year in jail for each charge, but assaulting an officer may result in an additional year in jail for each offense.
Durrance sustained minor injuries but returned to full duty, according to police.
The N.H. Probation and Parole Department placed a detention order on Brown. As a result, she will be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover for a 72-hour-period. She was scheduled to be arraigned in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District Division, this morning, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424