Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Middleton woman pepper-sprayed, Tasered after run-in with officer
Police responded to 92 Deer Run Road after receiving a report of a domestic disturbance around 7:20 p.m. After an investigation, Officer Jason Durrance attempted to arrest Shawna A. Brown, 41, who allegedly resisted and began wrestling with him, according to police.
After Durrance said he was kicked twice, he used Oleoresin Capsicum "OC" spray on Brown, who continued to resist. As a result, Durrance used his Taser to subdue Brown, who was taken into custody, according to police.
As part of the procedure after "a use of force incident," Brown was transported to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester. She was then moved to the Rochester Police Department, where bail was set at $5,000 cash, according to police.
Brown, of 92 Deer Run Road, was charged with resisting arrest and two counts of simple assault on an officer.
Resisting arrest and simple assault are both class A misdemeanors, which are punishable by up to one year in jail for each charge, but assaulting an officer may result in an additional year in jail for each offense.
Durrance sustained minor injuries but returned to full duty, according to police.
The N.H. Probation and Parole Department placed a detention order on Brown. As a result, she will be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover for a 72-hour-period. She was scheduled to be arraigned in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District Division, this morning, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 6
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 1
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917