Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Candia man arrested after DEA search turns up drugs
Candia Police, assisting agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration-led Northern New England High Intensity Drug Task Force, arrested Jesse Higgins, 49 of Bean Island Road in Candia on Jan. 23. He is charged with two felony counts of possession of a controlled narcotic.
The DEA went to the home looking for another person against whom they had an outstanding warrant, who was found there and arrested. While searching the residence, however, DEA agents discovered hydrocodone and Prozac, allegedly belonging to Higgins.
The identity of the other individual and the nature of the DEA warrant were not released. The Manchester DEA office deferred comment to a spokesperson in Boston, Anthony Pettigrew, who could not be reached.
Higgins was released on $25,000 personal recognizance bail. He will be arraigned Feb. 20 at the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia.
Members of the United States Marshals Services and the Rockingham County Sheriffs Department assisted in the arrest.
Higgins' brother, Jack Higgins, was also arrested by Candia police in October. Jack Higgins was wanted after he skipped a scheduled court date in March and went on the run for seven months. He was arrested on multiple charges, including possession of a controlled narcotic with intent to distribute, driving with a revoked license, and negligent driving, all of which were issued by other Rockingham County towns. Candia had no warrants against him.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 18
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 3
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Monitoring social media - 2
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy