June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Candia man arrested after DEA search turns up drugs
Candia Police, assisting agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration-led Northern New England High Intensity Drug Task Force, arrested Jesse Higgins, 49 of Bean Island Road in Candia on Jan. 23. He is charged with two felony counts of possession of a controlled narcotic.
The DEA went to the home looking for another person against whom they had an outstanding warrant, who was found there and arrested. While searching the residence, however, DEA agents discovered hydrocodone and Prozac, allegedly belonging to Higgins.
The identity of the other individual and the nature of the DEA warrant were not released. The Manchester DEA office deferred comment to a spokesperson in Boston, Anthony Pettigrew, who could not be reached.
Higgins was released on $25,000 personal recognizance bail. He will be arraigned Feb. 20 at the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia.
Members of the United States Marshals Services and the Rockingham County Sheriffs Department assisted in the arrest.
Higgins' brother, Jack Higgins, was also arrested by Candia police in October. Jack Higgins was wanted after he skipped a scheduled court date in March and went on the run for seven months. He was arrested on multiple charges, including possession of a controlled narcotic with intent to distribute, driving with a revoked license, and negligent driving, all of which were issued by other Rockingham County towns. Candia had no warrants against him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424