Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Candia man arrested after DEA search turns up drugs
Candia Police, assisting agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration-led Northern New England High Intensity Drug Task Force, arrested Jesse Higgins, 49 of Bean Island Road in Candia on Jan. 23. He is charged with two felony counts of possession of a controlled narcotic.
The DEA went to the home looking for another person against whom they had an outstanding warrant, who was found there and arrested. While searching the residence, however, DEA agents discovered hydrocodone and Prozac, allegedly belonging to Higgins.
The identity of the other individual and the nature of the DEA warrant were not released. The Manchester DEA office deferred comment to a spokesperson in Boston, Anthony Pettigrew, who could not be reached.
Higgins was released on $25,000 personal recognizance bail. He will be arraigned Feb. 20 at the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia.
Members of the United States Marshals Services and the Rockingham County Sheriffs Department assisted in the arrest.
Higgins' brother, Jack Higgins, was also arrested by Candia police in October. Jack Higgins was wanted after he skipped a scheduled court date in March and went on the run for seven months. He was arrested on multiple charges, including possession of a controlled narcotic with intent to distribute, driving with a revoked license, and negligent driving, all of which were issued by other Rockingham County towns. Candia had no warrants against him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus