Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Candia man arrested after DEA search turns up drugs
Candia Police, assisting agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration-led Northern New England High Intensity Drug Task Force, arrested Jesse Higgins, 49 of Bean Island Road in Candia on Jan. 23. He is charged with two felony counts of possession of a controlled narcotic.
The DEA went to the home looking for another person against whom they had an outstanding warrant, who was found there and arrested. While searching the residence, however, DEA agents discovered hydrocodone and Prozac, allegedly belonging to Higgins.
The identity of the other individual and the nature of the DEA warrant were not released. The Manchester DEA office deferred comment to a spokesperson in Boston, Anthony Pettigrew, who could not be reached.
Higgins was released on $25,000 personal recognizance bail. He will be arraigned Feb. 20 at the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia.
Members of the United States Marshals Services and the Rockingham County Sheriffs Department assisted in the arrest.
Higgins' brother, Jack Higgins, was also arrested by Candia police in October. Jack Higgins was wanted after he skipped a scheduled court date in March and went on the run for seven months. He was arrested on multiple charges, including possession of a controlled narcotic with intent to distribute, driving with a revoked license, and negligent driving, all of which were issued by other Rockingham County towns. Candia had no warrants against him.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917