Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Candia man arrested after DEA search turns up drugs
Candia Police, assisting agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration-led Northern New England High Intensity Drug Task Force, arrested Jesse Higgins, 49 of Bean Island Road in Candia on Jan. 23. He is charged with two felony counts of possession of a controlled narcotic.
The DEA went to the home looking for another person against whom they had an outstanding warrant, who was found there and arrested. While searching the residence, however, DEA agents discovered hydrocodone and Prozac, allegedly belonging to Higgins.
The identity of the other individual and the nature of the DEA warrant were not released. The Manchester DEA office deferred comment to a spokesperson in Boston, Anthony Pettigrew, who could not be reached.
Higgins was released on $25,000 personal recognizance bail. He will be arraigned Feb. 20 at the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia.
Members of the United States Marshals Services and the Rockingham County Sheriffs Department assisted in the arrest.
Higgins' brother, Jack Higgins, was also arrested by Candia police in October. Jack Higgins was wanted after he skipped a scheduled court date in March and went on the run for seven months. He was arrested on multiple charges, including possession of a controlled narcotic with intent to distribute, driving with a revoked license, and negligent driving, all of which were issued by other Rockingham County towns. Candia had no warrants against him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 4
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief