Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Lee to decide on slight budget increase, race car petition and new cruiser this year
The town's deliberative session is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. Saturday in the Mast Way School at 23 Mast Road. Residents will vote March 12 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Public Safety Complex on George Bennett Road.
If approved, Article 4 would appropriate $3,522,365 as the operating budget. It is $64,872 - or 1.8 percent - larger than last year's budget of $3,457,493. If rejected, a default budget of $3,495,183 would be enacted and the town could hold a special meeting to discuss a revised budget.
Article 3 petitions residents to amend the existing Racetrack Ordinance by defining "race car education" as a fully licensed and insured school. It will operate no more than four times a month between April and October and only allow up to four NASCAR-like stock cars on the track at one time between noon and 6 p.m., if approved.
Among the five other articles, residents will consider adding $387,000 - including $135,000 from the surplus - to existing capital reserve funds, appropriating $80,000 to build a field at Little River Park and purchasing a new police cruiser for $27,964.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 12
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters