Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Lee to decide on slight budget increase, race car petition and new cruiser this year
The town's deliberative session is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. Saturday in the Mast Way School at 23 Mast Road. Residents will vote March 12 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Public Safety Complex on George Bennett Road.
If approved, Article 4 would appropriate $3,522,365 as the operating budget. It is $64,872 - or 1.8 percent - larger than last year's budget of $3,457,493. If rejected, a default budget of $3,495,183 would be enacted and the town could hold a special meeting to discuss a revised budget.
Article 3 petitions residents to amend the existing Racetrack Ordinance by defining "race car education" as a fully licensed and insured school. It will operate no more than four times a month between April and October and only allow up to four NASCAR-like stock cars on the track at one time between noon and 6 p.m., if approved.
Among the five other articles, residents will consider adding $387,000 - including $135,000 from the surplus - to existing capital reserve funds, appropriating $80,000 to build a field at Little River Park and purchasing a new police cruiser for $27,964.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Texting + driving = deadly consequences - 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 11
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013