Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Unity voters consider loan to finish school
The loan is being put before voters at the annual school district meeting on March 23.
A parent forum to discuss the loan as well as the construction problems is planned for Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. at the old elementary school building.
Principal Chip Baldwin said the forum is to update parents on the project's progress. Site work and construction problems that have plagued the project and required a redesign triggered the need for additional funds, he said.
"Originally this year we expected to be in the building in October. ... It seems to be going later and later, so parents are anxious to find out when we are going to be in the building," Baldwin said.
The Unity School District is part of SAU 6, which serves the communities of Claremont, Cornish and Unity.
Voters approved a $4.7 million bond to build the new school for Unity children from kindergarten through eighth grade at an August 2010 special meeting. The vote came after state officials ordered Unity Elementary School closed due to numerous unresolved fire and building code violations.
Architect Scott Vaughn is opening the school up for a tour on March 16 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and March 23 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 15, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 13, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 12, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 11, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 10, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 9, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 8, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 7, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 6, 2013 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19