Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages detached garage in Nashua
The fire broke out just before 10 a.m. and was reported by David Creed, the owner of the property. His home, about 20 feet from the garage, was not damaged.
Heavy flames were coming from the bays and had extended to a second-floor storage area when the first firefighters arrived on the scene.
Fire crews from the Lake Street station put the blaze out in about 25 minutes.
Dense fog made it difficult for the arriving firefighters to size up the blaze because the building was set back from the main road and because of various flammable liquids and vehicles stored inside, according to a news release. The scene also was icy due to the weather.
Flames compromised the floor joists, making the second floor unstable. The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the city's Fire Marshal's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Errol town warrant passes easily - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Yes, dogs can also suffer from fear of new situations - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin - 0
- Chamber, Covering New Hampshire host health insurance roundtable - 0
- NH Business Newsmakers: Strange joins Blake's All Natural Foods - 0
- Div. I Hockey Championship: Central ends title drought on the ice - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity