Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages detached garage in Nashua
The fire broke out just before 10 a.m. and was reported by David Creed, the owner of the property. His home, about 20 feet from the garage, was not damaged.
Heavy flames were coming from the bays and had extended to a second-floor storage area when the first firefighters arrived on the scene.
Fire crews from the Lake Street station put the blaze out in about 25 minutes.
Dense fog made it difficult for the arriving firefighters to size up the blaze because the building was set back from the main road and because of various flammable liquids and vehicles stored inside, according to a news release. The scene also was icy due to the weather.
Flames compromised the floor joists, making the second floor unstable. The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the city's Fire Marshal's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
- Fire at Swanzey dog kennels destroys barn - 0
- No arrests in incident that brought out Manchester SWAT, locked down Central High School - 0
- Weare chief resigns following AG's report that recommends putting him on list of ethically compromised officers - 6
- Young girl whose quick action saved grandfather's life to be honored next Friday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 0
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
- College president, Gov. Hassan promise to punish those involved in Keene riots - 5
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Sprague seeks more assets from Fuller Oil
More violence at Keene