Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages detached garage in Nashua
The fire broke out just before 10 a.m. and was reported by David Creed, the owner of the property. His home, about 20 feet from the garage, was not damaged.
Heavy flames were coming from the bays and had extended to a second-floor storage area when the first firefighters arrived on the scene.
Fire crews from the Lake Street station put the blaze out in about 25 minutes.
Dense fog made it difficult for the arriving firefighters to size up the blaze because the building was set back from the main road and because of various flammable liquids and vehicles stored inside, according to a news release. The scene also was icy due to the weather.
Flames compromised the floor joists, making the second floor unstable. The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the city's Fire Marshal's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- New president named at FIRST - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19