Home » News » Public Safety
Garage fire battled in Nashua
The fire broke out just before 10 a.m. and was reported by David Creed, the owner of the property. His home, about 20 feet from the garage, was not damaged.
Heavy flames were coming from the bays and had extended to a second-floor storage area when the first firefighters arrived on the scene.
Fire crews from the Lake Street station put the blaze out in about 25 minutes.
Dense fog made it difficult for the arriving firefighters to size up the blaze because the building was set back from the main road and because of various flammable liquids and vehicles stored inside, according to a news release. The scene also was icy due to the weather.
Flames compromised the floor joists, making the second floor unstable. The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the city's Fire Marshal's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison