Home » News » Public Safety
Garage fire battled in Nashua
The fire broke out just before 10 a.m. and was reported by David Creed, the owner of the property. His home, about 20 feet from the garage, was not damaged.
Heavy flames were coming from the bays and had extended to a second-floor storage area when the first firefighters arrived on the scene.
Fire crews from the Lake Street station put the blaze out in about 25 minutes.
Dense fog made it difficult for the arriving firefighters to size up the blaze because the building was set back from the main road and because of various flammable liquids and vehicles stored inside, according to a news release. The scene also was icy due to the weather.
Flames compromised the floor joists, making the second floor unstable. The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the city's Fire Marshal's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 85
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time