Home » News » Public Safety
Child under 5 dies from flu; NH deaths climb to 35
According to the state Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health Services, the number of people who have died from the flu this season is the most in the state since 1997.
The agency did not identify the child who died, citing confidentiality and privacy, but said the child was under 5 years old.
"One of the sad facts about influenza is that people can die from this illness, and people often tend to forget or ignore how serious it can be," said New Hampshire Public Health Director Dr. Jose Montero in a prepared statement. "The season is not over and can run into May so we continue to encourage people over the age of six months to get vaccinated if they haven't already done so this season."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off