Home » News » Public Safety
Hampstead driver who caused outage found at Burger King
Police said Janet Gibbs, 54, told officers that her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta slid on something on the road surface while traveling south on Route 125, causing her to lose control, go off the roadway and strike a guardrail at the intersection of routes 125 and 111A, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
The guardrail then struck the traffic light control box, leaving the traffic lights at the intersection inoperable for several hours following the crash, Wood said.
Police were unable to locate Gibbs when they arrived at the scene. She was later found by state police at a Burger King in Epping, Wood said.
Gibbs had no phone to contact police and told police she was given a ride to Burger King by a Good Samaritan, Wood said.
Gibbs wasn't hurt in the crash.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Brentwood police were assisted by officers from Fremont, Kingston and state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 4
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 1
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'