Home » News » Public Safety
Hampstead driver who caused outage found at Burger King
Police said Janet Gibbs, 54, told officers that her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta slid on something on the road surface while traveling south on Route 125, causing her to lose control, go off the roadway and strike a guardrail at the intersection of routes 125 and 111A, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
The guardrail then struck the traffic light control box, leaving the traffic lights at the intersection inoperable for several hours following the crash, Wood said.
Police were unable to locate Gibbs when they arrived at the scene. She was later found by state police at a Burger King in Epping, Wood said.
Gibbs had no phone to contact police and told police she was given a ride to Burger King by a Good Samaritan, Wood said.
Gibbs wasn't hurt in the crash.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Brentwood police were assisted by officers from Fremont, Kingston and state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs