Home » News » Public Safety
Hampstead driver who caused outage found at Burger King
Police said Janet Gibbs, 54, told officers that her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta slid on something on the road surface while traveling south on Route 125, causing her to lose control, go off the roadway and strike a guardrail at the intersection of routes 125 and 111A, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
The guardrail then struck the traffic light control box, leaving the traffic lights at the intersection inoperable for several hours following the crash, Wood said.
Police were unable to locate Gibbs when they arrived at the scene. She was later found by state police at a Burger King in Epping, Wood said.
Gibbs had no phone to contact police and told police she was given a ride to Burger King by a Good Samaritan, Wood said.
Gibbs wasn't hurt in the crash.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Brentwood police were assisted by officers from Fremont, Kingston and state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 12
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children