Home » News » Public Safety
Hampstead driver who caused outage found at Burger King
Police said Janet Gibbs, 54, told officers that her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta slid on something on the road surface while traveling south on Route 125, causing her to lose control, go off the roadway and strike a guardrail at the intersection of routes 125 and 111A, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
The guardrail then struck the traffic light control box, leaving the traffic lights at the intersection inoperable for several hours following the crash, Wood said.
Police were unable to locate Gibbs when they arrived at the scene. She was later found by state police at a Burger King in Epping, Wood said.
Gibbs had no phone to contact police and told police she was given a ride to Burger King by a Good Samaritan, Wood said.
Gibbs wasn't hurt in the crash.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Brentwood police were assisted by officers from Fremont, Kingston and state police.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Heat cruise past Celtics, snap losing skid - 0
- More airstrikes target Pakistani Taliban militants - 0
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
A new era for Nashua's police force
UNH loses to Illinois State