Home » News » Public Safety
Hampstead driver who caused outage found at Burger King
Police said Janet Gibbs, 54, told officers that her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta slid on something on the road surface while traveling south on Route 125, causing her to lose control, go off the roadway and strike a guardrail at the intersection of routes 125 and 111A, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
The guardrail then struck the traffic light control box, leaving the traffic lights at the intersection inoperable for several hours following the crash, Wood said.
Police were unable to locate Gibbs when they arrived at the scene. She was later found by state police at a Burger King in Epping, Wood said.
Gibbs had no phone to contact police and told police she was given a ride to Burger King by a Good Samaritan, Wood said.
Gibbs wasn't hurt in the crash.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Brentwood police were assisted by officers from Fremont, Kingston and state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it