Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School Offers Workshop for Freelance Writers - 0
- Loeb School Offers Spring Classes - 0
- Calling All Turkey Watchers – Winter Survey Ends March 31 - 0
- Hooksett school bus to Pinkerton: Prepare for 6 a.m. pickup - 0
- Slopeside with Kathleen Baglio Humphreys: Ski area groomers work all night to make the trails their best - 0
- Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown - 1
- Mont Vernon man survives latest 'American Idol' cut - 0
- Superintendent named for SAU 19 - 0
- Air Refueling Wing members rally to help comrade's family - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Slopeside with Kathleen Baglio Humphreys: Ski area groomers work all night to make the trails their best
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Win tickets to see Brit Floyd
Superintendent named for SAU 19
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief