Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Historical society puts muster day mayhem, 'cannon shenanigans' in its sights - 0
- Show revives '80s with colorful fashions, signature pop, metal, rock - 0
- Islay Mist Ceilidh to perform in Colebrook - 0
- NH Choreographer's Showcase unveiled - 0
- Audubon to host spring breakfast - 0
- Two 'Sultans of Swing' re-team for national tour that includes NH stop - 0
- Led Zeppelin experience honors father's legacy - 0
- Rani Arbo and Daisy Mayhem to present workshops in north country - 0
- Excitement grows for school production of 'My Son Pinocchio Jr' - 0
Elton John's greatest hits on the big screen
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Weekend Top 10 Planner
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal