Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Danville stonemason John Wilder sees potential in every rock - 0
- Annual Witch Way 5K returns to Bedford - 0
- Thousands flock to Berlin's annual RiverFire Festival - 0
- Despite accidental shooting, officials say mandatory education has made hunting safer - 0
- Hunters report 33 percent success rate in opening weekend of 2014 moose season - 0
- Edmund P. Daley remembered as a strong supporter of the Santa Fund - 0
- Head of YWCA New Hampshire leaving post - 0
- James Foley's parents accept award after documentary screening in Portsmouth - 0
- Mount Jasper work celebrated with trailhead ceremony - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate