Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Online outdoor guide hits snag in funding - 0
- Candlelight vigil set for homeless - 0
- Memorial planned for longtime director at Cranmore Mountain - 0
- Volunteers sought to wrap gifts for youths - 0
- The rise of the snowmen - 0
- Mega Millions helping many dream of a green Christmas - 7
- Youth's light show is bright but donations are down in Dover - 0
- Public to get more information on $74 million Salem High School project - 0
- Cranmore to Host Memorial for Jimmy Mersereau - 0
Candlelight vigil set for homeless
Online outdoor guide hits snag in funding
Volunteers sought to wrap gifts for youths
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
The rise of the snowmen
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos