Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ski resorts to be open well past usual closing time - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Stratham Historical Society offers annual appraisal day - 0
- Poetry reading at PSU Thursday night - 0
- Kids encouraged to brainstorm with Legos at SEE Science Center - 0
- Check in with ‘Three Hotels’ to see what happens when greed takes up residence - 0
- Boz Scaggs, Lynyrd Skynyrd headed to NH this summer - 0
- Dutch theater collective returns to NH to humanize ‘Great War’ - 0
- Silhouettes, animation, music convey history of Earth - 0
- Eggs-citing events planned across Granite State - 0
Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing
Ham radio class being offered
Report: NH plant species at risk
Super Bowl champ makes Manchester appearance
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't
Thomas Sowell: Who would trust Iran?
Bedford mom never complained to friend
Taxing tobacco: Hassan's bad proposal