Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Becky Rule to tell tales at the Corner House Inn - 0
- Pianist Sergei Novikov talks about heart of performance - 0
- Kimberly Anderson Ritchie, Rock Tripe Lichen, Installation: silkscreen and monoprint on maps - 0
- Comedienne Paula Poundstone Brings Laughter to Plymouth - 0
- Rockingham Community Action brightening holidays for needy - 0
- Good news for residents near former wastewater plant - 0
- Windham club brings Christmas cheer to vets - 0
- Candlelight memorial in Keene for the homeless - 0
- Keene shelter joins in homeless vigil on Sunday - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Kimberly Anderson Ritchie, Rock Tripe Lichen, Installation: silkscreen and monoprint on maps
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Police arrest pair after bullets fly