Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene gallery explores artistic experiences among American artists of African descent - 0
- Ben Laine to perform at the Rochester Opera House - 0
- Kim Simmons and Savoy Brown rock Tupelo Saturday - 0
- Tomie dePaola to be celebrated at Colby-Sawyer - 0
- 10th annual Portsmouth Fairy Tour flits into Seacoast - 0
- Houston Ballet II will perform in Durham - 0
- Hanover artist Bob Shannahan on display in Meriden - 0
- Comedian Paula Poundstone returns to NH with stop in Concord - 0
- Eric Church, Dwight Yoakam headed to NH - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Windham's Advanced Placement program growing
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old