Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown holds Friday Night Under the Lights - 0
- Volunteers needed for SAU19 superintendent search in Goffstown, New Boston - 0
- Hooksett, Derry's Pinkerton Academy aiming for 10-year deal - 0
- Salem selectmen make change to speed up process for builders - 0
- Merrimack celebrates Christmas in festive style - 0
- Windham Holiday Shopping Extravaganza a boon for local businesses, charities - 0
- Tree lighting event draws hundreds in Windham - 0
- New Hampshire Senior News Notes - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Waterfowl hunting season has noticeable changes - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions