Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rosaly Bass' Peterborough kitchen garden grew to a certified organic 25-acre farm - 0
- Proposed development on Wayfarer site gets green light from conservation group - 0
- Baseball icon Zimmer remembered in Windham - 0
- Salem residents can register to vote Tuesday night at municipal office - 0
- Francestown marks Labor Day with almost century-old fete - 0
- Senior News Briefs: AARP event to help women take charge of their futures - 0
- Marie Sletterink celebrates 100th birthday - 0
- Salem considers bonding project with private bank - 0
- Rickety Ranch offers sanctuary for kids, animals - 0
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
UPDATED: Islamic State issues video of beheading of US hostage, SITE monitoring service says
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
Derry councilors seek input on land use tax