Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
- 'Shrek' to be Prescott Park Arts Festival's 2014 Summer Musical - 0
- Win tickets to see Billy Idol - 0
- Win tickets to see Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience - 0
- Elton John's greatest hits on the big screen - 0
- Historical society puts muster day mayhem, 'cannon shenanigans' in its sights - 0
- Show revives '80s with colorful fashions, signature pop, metal, rock - 0
- Islay Mist Ceilidh to perform in Colebrook - 0
- NH Choreographer's Showcase unveiled - 0
- Audubon to host spring breakfast - 0
Saul O Sidore Lecture Series at PSU presents Thomas F. Lee 'The Promises and Perils of the New Biology'READER COMMENTS: 0
Elton John's greatest hits on the big screen
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Weekend Top 10 Planner
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal