Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Triplet-feature film lineup explores a bit of animal magnetism - 0
- Brian Regan brings wit to Capitol Center - 0
- Rockers Guster to blow through Manchester - 0
- Lipizzan stallions high-step into NH - 0
- Cruising Downtown revs up in the Queen City Saturday - 0
- North Shore Acappella to appear in Wolfeboro - 0
- The Portsmouth Underbelly Tour exposes the seedy side of Seacoast lore - 0
- Steely Dan to take the stage at Meadowbrook Saturday - 0
- Tom Keifer from Cinderella to play Tupelo Music Hall - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Fish & Game gets bat disease grant
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help