Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celebrations o’plenty for St. Patrick’s Day across NH - 1
- Greater Derry-Londonderry Chamber scholarship honors student who died in crash - 0
- New Hampshire Senior News Notes - 0
- John Harrigan: An old-fashioned winter, and the possums come on - 1
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band bring the funk to Plymouth - 0
- Governor Proclaims May 16-23 as Restaurant Week NH - 0
- 7th-grader's effort paves way for smoke-free beaches - 3
- Auburn native believes in faith and fashion - 0
- Forest Journal: Making the grade in the syrup biz - 0
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Nova Scotia ferry departs Singapore
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
Win tickets to see Rusted Root & The Wailers
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced